Position Available: Portfolio Specialist - Bryanston
Category Job Opportunities
Position Available: Portfolio Specialist
Location: Lincoln House, Epsom Downs Office Park, Bryanston and option to Work-from-Home 4 days a week
Salary: R12 000 and commission (portfolio fee)
South African Citizens Only
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Portfolio Specialist builds relationships with Schemes by ensuring that all meetings are conducted, minuted and actioned appropriately and in accordance with relevant legislation, that monthly financial information is distributed to Scheme Executives accurately and timeously, payments of building creditors are made correctly and timeously within given parameters and monthly packs are complied and distributed correctly and timeously in order of priority to clients. The Portfolio Specialist oversees the Financial processes within his/ her cell, and provides information for Financial Controller for processing. The Portfolio Specialist will work closely with the Administrator and oversee all building maintenance matters in cooperation with the Administrator.
The Portfolio Specialist reports to the General Manager - Property Management Division, and is responsible for overseeing the smooth running of his/ her property portfolio within the property cell, in cooperation with Financial Controller and PS Administrator. The Portfolio Specialist will attend Trustee/ Director meetings, as well as AGM’s and SGM’s, minute the meetings as appropriate, and take action resulting from the meetings with the assistance of the cell FC and/ or PSA. The Portfolio Specialist is accountable for the budgeting and resultant financials of all buildings in his/ her portfolio, including payment of building creditors, monthly billing and financial reporting, and any queries arising. The Portfolio Specialist is accountable for all building maintenance as instructed and approved by Scheme Executives (Trustees/ Directors), and any queries arising.
Body Corporate and Homeowners Association Meetings
- Scheme Executive meeting attendance as required by individual buildings
- Taking minutes of meetings as required by individual buildings
- Actioning items resulting from meetings
- Determine date, time and venue for AGM/ SGM according to legislation and Scheme Executive availability
- Oversee the scheduling of AGM/ SGM for the scheme within the company cell within legislative framework
- Preparing for AGM/ SGM: budgets, special project quotes, quorum info, insurance schedule, etc
- Attending AGM/ SGM for all schemes in property cell
- Taking minutes of AGM/ SGM as appropriate, and in accordance with relevant legislation
- Actioning items resulting from AGM/ SGM
- Complete post-AGM checklist
- Updating changes to information resulting from AGM/ SGM eg levy increase, special levy, maintenance levy
Monthly Levy Run
- Providing info to FC for monthly levy statement run
- Oversee monthly statement run
- Approving snap shot and levy roll before live run
- Ensuring statement run occurred for each building in portfolio
- Providing info to FC for monthly financial reports
- Oversee monthly reporting process
- Approving monthly reports before sending to Scheme Executives
- Ensuring monthly reports are generated for each building in portfolio
- Reports to be checked and distributed by priority list
- Building and maintaining relationships with Scheme Executives
- Building and maintaining contractor relationships
- Building and maintaining relationships with relevant councils and utility management companies
- Communicating with owners directly and via Owners’ Letters
- Constant feedback and communication with cell and caretakers/ estate managers
BC/ HOA Payroll Info
- Submitting BC/ HOA payroll input to Payroll Department by 15th monthly
- Approving Remuneration List prior to pay run on 20th monthly
- Oversee distribution of manual pay slips monthly
- Assisting Payroll Department in obtaining statutory information for the scheme for Scheme Executives
- Handing over defaulting owners to Debt Collections / external attorneys as per building mandate
- Managing accounts under transfer, arrangement or legal in collaboration with Debt Collectors where appropriate
- Liaising with councils re billing statements, queries, payments etc
Building Contractors and Maintenance
- Taking instruction from Scheme Executives and responding with appropriate action in cooperation with PSA
- Escalating individual owner issues to Scheme Executives in an appropriate and timeous manner
- Following up on outstanding maintenance matters in cooperation with PSA
- Payment of creditors within given parameters
- Loading of new creditors on system
- Confirming levy information for Clearance Figures
- Updating Insurance Schedules for buildings in portfolio
- Updating and renewal of insurance policies for buildings in portfolio
- Arranging scheme insurance Valuations
- Facilitating insurance claims in cooperation with PSA and Insurance Clerk
- Completing Annual Audit in cooperation with tax and Audit Specialist for all buildings in portfolio
Building Take-on and Hand-over
- Obtaining new business
- New building take-on confirmation
- Ensuring that that assigned new Portfolio Specialists are adequately skilled and trained on internal processes and ANGOR system by transferring skills as per Skills Transferring and Mentoring progress plan and checklists
- Participating in the Skills Transfer and Mentoring evaluation process for assigned new Portfolio Specialists
- Providing input on whether new appointee is ready and able to take on his/ her own portfolio after probation and training period
- Resolving all queries received in the cell in cooperation with FC and PSA
- Spot checking of FC and PSA activity and function
- Maintaining open channels of communication on the floor
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of Grade 12/ Standard 10 (Matric) and have an excellent command of English as written and spoken language.
- Paddock’s Sectional Title and Home Owners Association Certificate Courses recommended.
- A relevant Financial Qualification will be advantageous.
- Previous bookkeeping/ accounting experience, specifically in the property industry, will be advantageous. Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting practices and generally accepted accounting principles are recommended. Knowledge of the Sectional Titles Act is advised.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with role players
- Knowledge of financial administration
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and grasp the urgency of departmental activities
The applicant must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Numeracy and data entry skills
- Ability to do complex calculations
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Time and work management
- Stress management
- Ability to transfer skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to multi task without losing focus
The applicant must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be flexible
- Be deadline driven
- Be a completer/ finisher
- Be able to work independently
- Have strict planning, organization and execution skills
- Ability to deal effectively with change
- Problem analysis and solving
- The applicant will be based in an open plan office, and will be faced with constant interruptions from different role players.
- There are a number of deadlines and expected turn- around times within this position, which may cause the applicant stress. The applicant is further required to work accurately with a minimum tolerance for data entry errors.
- The applicant will be required to deal with a wide variety of personalities on various matters.
- The applicant will be required to train new appointees on processes and the system, and to oversee colleagues in the completion of assigned tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the applicant of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Interested parties should apply via email to the ANGOR HR department email@example.com or via the online application form.
If we have not contacted you in 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Author: ANGOR Property Specialists HR Department