Are you looking for a challenging and exciting job that will test your administrative and client relationship management skills? Look no further! We have a fantastic opportunity for you to become a Portfolio Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the smooth running of a property portfolio and ensuring the satisfaction of the clients you work with. You will attend trustee and director meetings, chair and minute as appropriate, and take action resulting from these meetings with the assistance of the financial controller and administrative team. You will be accountable for the budgeting and financials of all buildings in your portfolio, as well as managing payment of creditors and financial reporting. If you’re up for the challenge and want to take your career to the next level, apply for this role today!
- Location: The Campus Bryanston (Hybrid)
- Salary: Fixed basic component (to be negotiated) plus commission structure.
- Bonus: Performance based
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sectors: Accounting, Admin, Finance
- Benefits: Pension
- Scheme Executive meeting attendance in person or remotely as required by individual buildings
- Chairing and/or taking minutes of Scheme Executive meetings as required by individual buildings
- Actioning items resulting from the Scheme Executive meeting
- Determine date, time and venue for AGM/SGM according to legislation and Scheme Executive availability
- Oversee the scheduling of AGM/SGM for the Scheme in the property cell within legislative framework
- Preparing for AGM/ SGM: budget, special project quotes, quorum info, insurance schedule etc
- Attending AGM/ SGM remotely or in person for all Schemes in the property cell
- Chairing and/ or taking minutes of AGM/SGM as appropriate, and in accordance with relevant legislation
- Actioning items resulting from AGM/SGM
- Complete post-AGM checklist
- Updating changes to information resulting from AGM/SGM eg levy increase, special levy
MONTHLY LEVY RUN
- Providing info to Financial Controller for monthly levy statement run
- Oversee monthly statement run
- Approving snapshot and levy roll before live run
- Ensuring statement run occurred for each Scheme in the portfolio
- Providing info to Financial Controller for monthly financial reports
- Oversee monthly reporting process
- Approving monthly reports before sending them to Scheme Executives
- Ensuring monthly reports are generated for each Scheme in the portfolio
- Reports to be checked and distributed by priority list
- Building and maintaining relationships with Scheme Executives
- Building and maintaining contractor relationships
- Building and maintaining relationships with relevant councils and utility management companies
- Communicating with owners directly and via Owners’ Letters
- Constant feedback and communication with financial controllers, support teams and caretakers/estate managers
SCHEME PAYROLL INFO
- Submitting Scheme payroll input to Payroll Department by 15th monthly
- Approving Remuneration List prior to pay run on 20th monthly
- Oversee distribution of manual pay slips monthly
- Assisting Payroll Department in obtaining statutory information for BC/HOA from Scheme Executives
- Handing over defaulting owners to DMS/external attorneys as per building mandate
- Managing accounts under transfer, arrangement or legal in collaboration with DMS where appropriate
- Liaising with councils regarding billing statements, queries, payments etc
- Advising Scheme Executives on external utility specialists where appropriate
BUILDING CONTRACTORS AND MAINTENANCE
- Taking instruction from Scheme Executives and responding with appropriate action in cooperation with Administrative Team
- Escalating individual owner issues to Scheme Executives in an appropriate and timely manner
- Following up on outstanding maintenance matters in cooperation with Administrative Team
- Payment of creditors within given parameters
- Loading of new creditors on the system
- Confirming levy information for Clearance Figures
- Updating Insurance Schedules for Schemes in the portfolio
- Updating and renewal of insurance policies for Schemes in the portfolio
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of Grade 12/ Standard 10 (Matric) and have an excellent command of English as a written and spoken language.
- Paddock’s Sectional Title and Home Owners Association Certificate Courses recommended.
- A relevant Financial Qualification will be advantageous.
- Previous bookkeeping/ accounting experience, specifically in the property industry, will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting practices and generally accepted accounting principles are recommended. Knowledge of the Sectional Titles Act is advised.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with role players
- Knowledge of financial administration
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and grasp the urgency of departmental activities
The applicant must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Numeracy and data entry skills
- Ability to do complex calculations
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Time and work management
- Stress management
- Ability to transfer skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to multi-task without losing focus
The applicant must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be flexible
- Be deadline driven
- Be a completer/ finisher
- Be able to work independently
- Have strict planning, organization and execution skills
- Ability to deal effectively with change
- Problem analysis and solving
The applicant will be based in an open-plan office or working remotely as per company specifications and schedules and will be faced with constant interruptions from different role players.
There are a number of deadlines and expected turn- around times within this position, which may cause the applicant stress. The applicant is further required to work accurately with a minimum tolerance for data entry errors.
The applicant will be required to deal with a wide variety of personalities on various matters.
The applicant will be required to train new appointees on processes and the system and to oversee colleagues in the completion of assigned tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the applicant for this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Other vacancies: https://www.angor.co.za/careers-job-vacancies/